Thursday, October 1, 2015

Blog Shark Tank Rapid Interview: Spy Escape and Evasion

spy escape shark tank
In Season 5 of Shark Tank, former CIA officer, Jason Hanson pitched his Spy Escape and Evasion training business to the Sharks. After getting an investment from Daymond John and turning his business into a brand, Jason has been hard at work doing what he loves - making people safe and growing his business. Blog Shark Tank recently caught up with Jason and asked him a few questions about his Shark Tank experience and entrepreneurship. Here goes:


1) What is Spy Escape and Evasion all about?
My company teaches the average American spy secrets to keep them safer on a daily basis. This includes how to escape duct tape, rope, zip ties... how to pick locks... how to detect lies... how to determine if someone is following you... and much more.

2) What gave you the idea or inspiration to start your business?
I spent almost 7 years working for the CIA. I believe all of us want to make sure our family is protected and safe.

3) Do you think Spy Escape and Evasion would have the same success it has today had it not been featured on Shark Tank?
Shark Tank was a huge blessing. I think I would have had the same success but it would have taken me a lot longer to get there. Shark Tank made it happen quicker.

4) What did you do to prepare for your pitch once your business was accepted?
I watched every episode of Shark Tank, I read all of the books the Sharks had written and I practiced my pitch over 1,000 times.

5) How long was the actual pitch in the Shark Tank?
About 55 minutes.

6) How involved has Daymond been as an investor, and how often do you speak or meet with him?
daymond shark tankIn the beginning we spoke about once per week. Now that we’ve been together awhile we only talk when we need to. Daymond is down to earth and a great guy.

7) What are some of the sacrifices you have made as an entrepreneur?
I’ve probably forgot most of them because there were so many. Things ranging from lack of sleep to doing whatever it takes to get the job done.

8) As an entrepreneur, do you ever look back at the cross-roads of your business or career choices and have regrets, or do you only look forward?
I only look forward. I don’t have any regrets. I’m very happy with where I am at.

9) Who do you look up to, and what inspires you?
I look up to entrepreneurs who realize family comes first and who realize what a blessing they have been giving. Also those who realize it’s their duty to give back to others. What inspires me is to help keep others safe and to be the best at what I do.

10) What are 3 tips you have to aspiring entrepreneurs - people who know they want to create something big, but just haven't been able to do it yet?
- You have to realize not everyone is made to be an entrepreneur. If you can’t handle risk it’s not for you.
- Get up at 5am. Work to at least 5pm daily. If you aren’t willing to put in at least 12 hours a day you won’t make it and don’t want it badly enough.
- If you never quit, you’ll eventually make it.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the article, I found this site looking around about shark tank which goes along with this

    sharktanknetworth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Periodically, Microsoft supplies free weekend breaks for participants to play their video games online for a particular variety of hrs. ACTION 3: Full deals by seeing video clips, playing video games, enrolling in e-newsletters, taking tests, joining studies and so on As soon as in the internet site, click the Download and install switch for you to mount the XBox Live Gold generator program right into your computer.xbox live gratuit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring. I understand that it's really hard job, but I love to hear, you've managed to get the results in your niche. I try to make money on writing my essay service, but I'm still not sure if it's proper field. Deal go okay, but I want to gain better results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey friends if you are a gamer and want some amazing game then try my link

    ReplyDelete